12” guerrero tortillas, flour
pinto bean mix
pico de gallo
garlic brown butter
For the pinto bean mix:
4 cans pinto beans, whole cooked – liquid drained
2 quarts garlic water
1 cup lemon supremes, diced
2 cups preserved lemons, diced
4 tablespoons wakame
6 cups garlic brown butter, melted and warm
white pepper to taste
salt to taste
For the garlic brown butter:
3 pounds butter
2 cups garlic, finely chopped
For the pico de gallo:
red onion, brunoise
serrano, minced, with seeds (enough that you can see serrano, but not overly spicy)
For the garlic water:
1 pint garlic, peeled and smashed
1 gallon water
- For the pinto bean mix: In a large lexan container gently mix together the beans, garlic water, lemon supremes, preserved lemons, wakame, and garlic brown butter. Be careful not to break the beans. Season to taste with salt and white pepper
- For the garlic brown butter: Slowly brown the butter and garlic together in a saucepan. The color of the butter should be like the skin of a hazelnut.
- For the pico de gallo: Mix all in a bowl to combine.
- For the garlic water: Put everything in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- To plate: Lightly fry a tortilla on the plancha to loosen. On a plate lay the warm tortilla place two slices of American cheese, 3 tablespoons of pico, 2 tablespoons of garlic brown butter and roughly 6 ounces of warm beans. Roll the burrito and sear off on the plancha. Smear garlic brown butter on the top of the burrito.