How To Make No-Bake Chocolate Balls With Magnus Nilsson
Baking can be tricky. Measuring, preheating, measuring. It's practically homework! So how about you let Chef Magnus Nilsson show you how to make a delicious chocolate dessert that will give your oven a rest and won't give you anxiety. Have the kids help. It's that easy! https://youtu.be/jxJjcuIjHok
RECIPE FOR COCOA BALLS
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Remove butter from refrigerator ten minutes before making the chocolate balls.
- Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer that is outfitted with a paddle attachment. Sprinkle the sugar over the butter turn the mixer on medium-low speed; cream until the butter is nicely broken up and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pause the machine and sprinkle the salt and cocoa powder evenly over the butter. Turn the mixer back on to low speed and mix until the cocoa powder is evenly distributed.; do not overmix. Next, add the oats and mix until they start to breakdown, but not so long that the batter becomes very compact.
- Roll the chocolate mixture out in your hand into small truffle-sized balls and place in bowl of coconut flakes. Roll the balls until completely coated in coconut and eat right away while still warm from the hands, or store in the refrigerator and serve chilled.