Summer is officially here and there is nothing more we want than to sit on a porch, feel the warm summer breeze, and drink this refreshing cocktail by Chef Ed Lee. Bourbon Sweet Tea is our new summer crush.
Recipe from Breville’s Food Thinkers
Bourbon Sweet Tea
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 or 3 black tea bags
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 orange, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup bourbon
- lemon wheels for garnish
- To make the tea: Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Pour the sugar water into a jar, add tea bags, and let steep for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how strong you want your tea. (If you like your tea very strong, leave the bags in the tea for longer.)
- Remove the tea bags and add the lemon, lime, and orange wedges. Pour in the bourbon. Cover the jar and chill.
- Serve in small glasses and garnish with thin lemon wedges.