2 cups cold water
1 teaspoon salt
14 zucchini tops
- Trim the dry and grubby tip of the steam with a quick snip of your sharp pairing knife. The idea is to not lose any more of an already scarce piece of stem.
- Please tops in a small saucepot and just cover with cold water. Season well with salt.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a wooden skewer or the tip of your blade.
- Drain gently and neatly arrange in a small, shallow bowl in single layer.
- They can be crowded but not stacked on top of each other, please.
- Drench with the good olive oil until it just begins to pool in the bottom of the bowl as soon as you take them out of the water, so that they can sort of drink the oil into their warm bodies.
- Give them a final few grains of salt and make sure you get them to the table while they are still warm.